Sunday, April 12, 2015

What is the History Behind Witchcraft?

Welcome to The Study and History of Witchcraft!

 In my English 1 class, we are creating a Genius Hour project, which is the study of a desired topic that requires both hard work and passion. Within this blog, I will be studying the origin of witchcraft, learn the performance of rituals, and also review stereotypes and conspiracies that society has on those who believe in witchcraft. I will post weekly updates of my discoveries and the process of my research throughout my entire analysis of witchcraft.

 The inspiration behind the reason why I chose the study and history of witchcraft as my topic is because of my great admiration for the belief in magic and sorcery. The idea of casting spells that can create an impact on the future is fascinating! Before I've created this blog, I have briefly gone over the topic of witchcraft and the basic points, but I've always wondered: What is the entire background and history behind this spiritual religion? Now with the opportunity in class, I get to put my driving questions into action and answer my curiosities that I'll be able to share to all my readers!

 To be able to complete this Genius Hour successfully, I will have to devote a lot of time into my topic and remain driven and passionate. My only concern for this study in the future would have to be the information I find. Is there a brutal history to witchcraft? Or is witchcraft all that it seems to be- supernatural and spiritual? Tune in and follow along the journey of this blog that will lead to the answer of these questions and more!

 -Kasiah L.
 April 12, 2015
 7:16 PM

7 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with witchcraft and I totally agree with you! Magic and secrecy must exist! I'm so excited to learn more about this! I'm defiantly following you. cx have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're off to a great start, Kasiah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting topic. Can't wait to see where you go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a topic I've never really thought about, but I'm definitely interested in it now! I can't wait to see the information you gather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an interesting topic. Aren`t there different kinds of magic? and can it be both good or bad?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its really cool that your doing the history of witchcraft, cuase we are able to help each other out! You make a knowledgeable choice. Can't wait to see what you find!😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit confused. Will you be studying witchcraft rituals and groups, or their thought belief as a whole?

    ReplyDelete